Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Anticipation

"Such is the state of life, that none are happy but by the anticipation of change: the change itself is nothing; when we have made it, the next wish is to change again." ~ Samuel Johnson
Photobucket

I'm falling into a rut. I'm craving some change - something to look forward to. Like the above quote states, we live our lives in a constant state of anticipation. Growing up we look forward to school breaks and holidays, the start of a new school year. Once school is out of the way, we get high on job changes, new babies, weddings, family vacations. So what if you can't see anything in your immediate future to look forward to? Ya just feel kinda bla.

I'm coming down off of my excitement over having the end of last week off from work and now I'm grasping for something else to be excited about. I know I've preached to myself about living in the moment and not dwelling on the future so much, but sometimes you need something to look forward to in order to get you through today. Yes, I'm excited about Summer weather and Leila's upcoming 3rd birthday and a family trip in August, but I'm craving something bigger.

I think that is my favorite part about being pregnant. For 9+ months you have something HUGE to look forward to - the biggest life change imaginable. Hmmm, maybe I should have another baby? Ha! Not quite sure about that one yet. I'm working on getting the one I do have to sleep through the night first.

What I should do is get going on some of my Dreams To Do. Like start making jewelry and maybe explore some new business ventures. But that all takes time. And that's not something I have much of these days.

Okay, I think that's enough stream of consciousness from me for today. I'm hoping some passion and inspirations will strike within me soon enough to add some excitement to my life and this here blog.

Do any of you ever fall into a rut like this? Lacking motivation/inspiration? Any tips or tricks to spice life up a bit?

9 comments:

  1. I'm in a stinky poopy blah mood too. When you figure something out, let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I'm in a huge rut...life is a continuous rotation of wake up, work, home, clean, eat, sleep, and then wake up and do it all over again the next day. I need some excitement! The two days of fun I get on the weekends are not even close to enough. I totally feel ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HA HA! This actually made me feel better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly! We need some adventure to fall in our lap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh - felt like I was reading my own words!!  That's part of what I love about being pregnant, too!  I'm hoping with summer starting I will get out of my rut!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've felt this same way from time to time! I also heard from someone that it has to do with your age cycles (something about turning 30 and saturn rising?!) I'm not sure lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmmmmmm, that is interesting! My mom is into astrology, so maybe I'll ask her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I'm not alone! Oh how I miss being pregnant. But the thought of having another baby scares the crap out of me right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nicole @This Little MommaJune 15, 2012 at 2:11 PM

    I feel like I'm constantly in that rut. And time is something most of us mommas don't have, I'm slowly learning!! Praying for you friend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...