So, I am quite disappointed with this month's photos. Landon did NOT cooperate during the photoshoot and I'm not a good enough photographer to handle it. He is just too dang busy to be bothered with holding still for a simple photo these days! The next few monthly photoshoots should be interesting.
- He finally started crawling, but it isn't a normal crawl. He uses his left knee, but his right foot. It's quite humorous to watch actually.
- Weighing in around 23 lbs means that he has a lot of weight to work with, so he just (literally, Thursday night) started pulling up to stand on things. I'm so proud of him.
- After battling constipation since the introduction of solid foods around 5-6 months, I'm happy to report that we are finally starting to see some regularity in Landon's bowl movements. It's the little things in life. :-)
- Shocker: Landon LOVES food. He will eat pretty much anything that we eat now. Just chop it up and he goes to town on it. He actually eats more than his sister sometimes. I don't think I've found anything he won't eat.
- Sleeping is still rough around here. Landon takes 2 solid naps/day and goes down for the night easily around 7:30pm. However, he still wakes up 1-3 times/night wanting to be rocked or fed. After our vacation in August, we plan on implementing some sleep training. We'll see.
- My poor little man is still battling some nasty eczema. I'm hoping he will eventually grow out of it. In the mean time, we just keep him lotioned up as much as possible.
- Landon is still just the happiest little (big) guy. He lights up the room with his infectious smile.
- He's turning into a red head! I don't know if it's the sun or just new hair growth, but his hair definitely has a red tint to it now.
- T-R-O-U-B-L-E. That's what I'm seeing little glimpses of in Landon Drew. Now that he's mobile, he's going straight for the cords and power outlets and his favorite thing, Billy's food and water dishes. I try to tell him NO in a stern voice, but that just makes him laugh. I'm going to have my hands full with this one.
- My momma's boy. It's true what they say... boys love their mommas. He loves to snuggle with me - he nuzzles right into my neck - and he always wants me to hold him. Leila was never this attached to me. I'm soaking it all in because I know it won't last forever.
Oh my word he is darling. And he weighs 7 pounds more than Vivien, lol.
ReplyDeleteHave you tried cutting dairy out of his/your diet? I know infant eczema is sometimes caused by that. With V, her eczema is controlled with only using certain bath/laundry products (Earth Mama Angel Baby is wonderful) and I wash everything in Dreft, and her diapers in Nellie's. Hers used to bleed, it was so bad. :( Poor little dude!
I'm glad the poop is under control, I still have to give V prunes every day.
Happy 9 months, Landon! You sure are handsome! :)
Happy 9 months little (big) fella!! :) It is even noticeable just from the photos that he is passing out of the infant stage and becoming such a boy. He gets cuter with every month!! Love his hair! he really does look like the happiest guy. Sounds like he is really getting mobile these days!
ReplyDeleteI just started following your blog recently. So random that I happened to stop and go back and read this post. I saw where your son wears a helmet currently. My son is 14 months and wore a helmet from the time he was 6 months until 9 months. I know there is so much aggravation and extra care that comes along with it. But on an encouraging note, let me tell you that it is sooo worth it in the end! My son now has an almost perfectly round head! You would never know he had such a flat spot at one time. Hang in there mama!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your encouraging words Melissa! We are already SO happy that we decided to go with the helmet, but it's nice to hear others' stories as well.
ReplyDeleteI have not tried cutting out dairy or anything yet. Right now we are just waiting it out and hoping it will get better with time. He seems to tolerate dairy well when we feed it to him (cheese, yogurt), but who knows. My friend also brought up some research that said there's a link between eczema and poor sleepers. Hmmmmm.
ReplyDeleteOh they grow so fast, don't they?! And I feel ya with the non-stop power cord grabbers. Bennett was the same way!! It was frustrating. lol
ReplyDelete