Saturday, July 14, 2012

When You Can't Find The Good

To put it simply, today sucked... big time. I won't go into the details because it's stupid. It was just one of those days that seemed to drag on and on and all I wanted it to do was come to an end. I am really working on being a more positive and optimistic person. And I'm pretty dang smart, so when I feel like I'm suffering I can logically think about how irrational I am - that there are people all across our planet suffering WAY more than I could even imagine. Usually this will snap me out of my funk. This along with a good prayer.

But some times you just have a day where no matter how hard you try, you just can't find the good. The only solution is to wallow in self-pity for a while and then sleep it off. Well that's all that works for me usually. Oh, and a nice bubble bath and a glass of wine doesn't hurt either.

Okay, enough Negative Nancy venting for me. In one final attempt to cheer myself up and put today behind me, I leave you with one of my favorite Instagram pics I've taken to date...

Photobucket

I love my fur baby, Billy. Oh, and will some more of you please follow me on Instagram (@dreamstodo)? Please and thank you. I feel like a total loser with under 30 people interested in seeing my life in pics. Ha!

I hope your weekend is going better than mine! :-)

FYI! Tomorrow I will be unplugging once again for the day and linking up my experience next Friday with Emily @ Peck Life. You should totally give it a try and join in on the fun - it really is liberating!

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had such a rough day! Love this photo!! :) Sure to put a smile on anyone's face. Wish I could be your 31st instagram follower but I am still one of the world's few people without instagram.. or an iphone... which I think is needed for instagram but to make me even more sad sounding, I really don't know how it works!! I love the unplugging for the day. I have done this a couple of times but not planned... usually just because we are away for the day (and I very rarely use my 1998 style cell phone anyway) or we have no electricity or internet at home that day...However I will do it officially sometime soon and blog about it! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rough days suck....I agree with the wine + sleep option. :) I LOVE that picture and would totally follow you on Instagram IF it was available for my phone (Windows Phone). They tell me it's coming soon. :\ I hope you are having a wonderful unplugging day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thought of unplugging makes me feel all anxious. lol
    Don't be in a funk! Billy obv LOVES french kissing you, so that's a plus? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate those kind of days! Yeah, it helps put things into perspective to think how it could be worse, or how other people are suffering so much more, but that doesn't mean your feelings are invalid. It's totally ok to wallow every once in a while! Also? I only have 11 instagram followers, so you've got me beat :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HA HA! You totally put a smile on my face. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cheated a couple of time yesterday with the unplugging - not gonna lie. But it still felt good. :) You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No Instagram? So sad. I'm sure you will get it soon, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my best friends has an old school cell phone, too. I have to admit that it would save me so much time every day if I didn't have a smart phone. So don't feel bad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FYI... I am outta the funk! Worked through a few issues and yesterday was a MUCH better day and today I feel happy and a clam. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...