With a stressful (and non-relaxing) 4th of July week behind me, I'm moving into this week feeling optimistic. Summer is here, my family is healthy, I have a very happy 3-year old daughter now and a baby who is finally crawling. Life is good, despite the craziness it sometimes entails.
Leila's 3rd birthday was quite the success! She had the BEST. DAY. EVER. I made sure her birthday would be a day to remember by pretty much catering to her every whim. She wanted a cupcake for breakfast? Done. She wanted a balloon at the grocery store? Done. It was those little actions that made her feel extra special. And the night before, we decorated the house with streamers and balloons so that the birthday excitement started right upon wake up. This will definitely become a birthday tradition in our house - the look on her face was priceless!
As for her party, we didn't go over the top and I'm so happy we made that decision! The 103 degree temp made our non-AC house a sauna and a big crowd would have made it even more miserable. We just had family over for a luau party and it was quite the success. The rest in pics...
My 3 year old...
Leila woke up to find her very first bike...
Cupcakes!
Birthday Princess...
One of many new baby dolls...
Billy enjoyed the party, too...
Hubby made THE BEST smoked, pulled pork - YUM...
Singing happy birthday (the candle went out)...
Leila blew anyway... :-)
Cousins...
Yes, Landon was there in his luau attire. Leila enjoyed cupcake #2 (or 3 or 4 or 5)...
Andy & I with our big girl!
As a mom, this was my first time experiencing birthday excitement through my child and I can't wait for future birthdays to come! Living vicariously through them is even better than experiencing the excitement yourself!
OMG, no AC in 100+ weather?! I'll quit my complaining about our situation now! Bless your heart. Aside from that, looks like a great party. I love the idea of a luau theme, I'll have to tuck this idea away for Lorelai's 3rd birthday. The umbrellas on the cupcakes are my favorite :)
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness I can't imagine 100 degree heat with no AC! Ahh misery! It's over 100 here on a regular basis in the summer, and even with the AC it can be rough. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time in spite of the heat! What a fun birthday party!!!
ReplyDeleteThis looks like such a fun 3rd birthday!! So great to hear what a fantastic time Leila had. How exciting that she got her first bike! Landon looks so cute in his luau gear as well! :) And those cupcakes look delicious! Hope you are able to find some time to relax now that the birthday is over. I know how you feel about the crazy heat and no AC... we have it hot without AC most of the year but July and August are just insane!! The only place in town with AC is the bank so I like to run a lot of errands to the bank during the summer months! ;)
ReplyDeleteThere will definitely be some relaxing going on this week if I have any say! At least down in the DR you get to enjoy those glorious ocean breazes, right? It's just hot, stagnant air here. Boo.
ReplyDeleteIt is pretty dang painful, but we usually only have to deal with a couple of HOT weeks like this each summer, so it's doable. :-)
ReplyDeleteI really don't mind the heat, but it does make sleeping a little bit harder. Luckily we do have a window AC unit. It helps. :)
ReplyDeleteYou look GORGEOUS! Happy 3rd to the birthday princess! xoxo
ReplyDeleteMegan @ thememoirsofmegan.com
ahh, i can't believe she's 3! what a cute party (LOVE the cupcakes!) and bike riding!! *tear*, they grow up so fast!
ReplyDelete