Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Wonder

"If we experienced life through the eyes of a child, everything would be magical and extraordinary. Let our curiosity, adventure and wonder of life never end…" ~ Akiane Kramarik
Photobucket

Watching my kiddos enjoy the summertime brings me back to memories of my own childhood, when I had not a care in the world. Days spent at the lake splashing in cool water. Popsicles dripping down my chin and onto my clothes without a care. Listening to the chirping of crickets outside my bedroom window as I fell asleep at night. Man oh man, those really were the good ole days.

Now, instead of as many carefree days, I get to spend the bulk of my time closed up in an office at work or trying to maintain my sanity with chores at home. Despite this sad fact, I can easily say that I'm enjoying the summer just as much as I did when I was a kid, just in a different way. I'm experiencing it through my little ones - living vicariously through them. And seeing them experience things like putting their feet in the sand for the first time, napping under an umbrella on the beach, or sliding down a slip 'n slide with their cousins, is about 500 times sweeter than experiencing it myself.

I hope I never forget to seize the wonder.

2 comments:

  1. Love the quote at the beginning :) I can't wait til I have kids so I can experience things again through their eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! Kiddos definitely add some excitement to life and it is SO much fun to relive your childhood through them. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...