Friday, July 6, 2012

Dear Leila,

The day after tomorrow is your 3rd birthday. For me the past 3 years have validated the saying, "time flies when you're having fun." I never could have imagined just how much FUN you would bring into my life!

Every day your little personality comes out more and more. You sure are one funny little girl! At night when I check to see if you're asleep, usually I will find you in bed singing quietly. Last night it was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" over and over again, except that instead of "boat" you would say one of your cousins names (Row, Row, Row your Macy/Brody/Destin/Kayton). You bring a smile to my face even when you don't realize it!

Leila, you are such a mini-me! From your sheer goofiness to your shy demeanor when we're somewhere new... you are momma's girl through and through. However, I think I was more of a tomboy than you. You love all things girly - pink, baby dolls, bows, dresses. You fulfill all of my childhood fantasies of having a real daughter to play dress up with! I wouldn't trade you for all of the chocolate covered gummy bears in the world.

The other night as I was tucking you into bed and you had your arms wrapped tightly around my neck you said, "Mommy I love you... and I like you a lot." You had never told me that you "liked" me before and it meant so much to me! I know you will always love me, but I only hope you continue to like me - especially through the teen years. I know I will always "like" you.

Thank you for teaching me how to be a mommy and showing me what unconditional love is all about. You will never know the true depth of my love for you... that is, until you have a daughter of your own (but you're only turning 3, so let's not go there). I love you to the moon and back and forth and back again. Even when you're 30, you will always be my little princess.

XOXO,

Mommy

On your "birth" day (07/08/09)...
Photobucket

Your 1st birthday...
Photobucket

Your 2nd birthday...
Photobucket

Almost THREE!
Photobucket

I can't wait to see what the future holds for you baby girl!

4 comments:

  1. This is such a sweet letter to Leila!! It makes me even more excited than I already am about the next 3 (and more) years with Alidia. How sweet that she sings to herself in bed at night. I hope she has a fantastic 3rd birthday! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celeste AslanyantsJuly 9, 2012 at 2:29 PM

    What a super sweet post! I can't wait to have a little girl of my own...just such a special relationship! She is a gorgeous little girl and sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Celeste! Girls really are the best. BUT, I do love my boy just as much. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...