"The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt
The other night we took Leila out for her first bike ride. The excitement on her face was priceless and I think Andy & I were equally as excited. And ya know what? This experience made me realize something. The other day I posted about how I am waiting for my 2012 "big moment" to happen - something that will define this year and make it memorable. Well, as I watched my husband help my daughter steer her bike and teach her to peddle for the very first time I realized that this was a big moment. We were all experiencing this together for the very first time. It was Leila's first time riding a bike and our first time teaching someone to ride a bike (and Landon's first time watching someone ride a bike).
Life is full of firsts. Sometimes we are so caught up in looking ahead or stressing about nonsense that we overlook these special, little, new moments.
So, at least for today I am SO over stressing out about the future, about my dreams, about my goals. I just want to soak up the little moments with my family and savor all of the firsts that life has to offer.
This is perfect. What a beautiful moment you were able to share as a family (and what a beautiful family you have!). You are right, you will have many many amazing, memories just like this one throughout 2012 and for many years to come.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet moment to be a part of!! I love experiencing those "firsts" with my children!!
ReplyDelete