Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Half a year.

Can you believe we're already half way through 2012?! Shut the front door! Where did the time go? Right now I'm just in utter shock over this realization.

We measure our lives in years. For me, it's the big, memorable events that help me remember each one. I feel like each year of my life is defined by one or two major moments.

2006-graduated college & got my 1st real job
2007-Andy proposed & we traveled through Europe
2008-got married
2009-had Leila
2010-Andy graduated & we bought a house
2011-had Landon
2012-??????

The last few years have been HUGE ones for me - hard to top. Six months in to 2012 and I feel like I don't have a whole lot to show for it. Any passion I had for my New Year's resolutions has pretty much fizzled out. I don't have any amazing trips planned or life altering events taking place in the foreseeable future. Honestly, this kinda stresses me out a little.

I have six months to change this. Six months for something exciting to happen. Something for me to remember 2012 by. What should it be?

Skydiving?
A career change?
Another baby?
A new car?
Winning the lottery?

I guess it's fun not knowing exactly what the future will hold. Right now I can say with 100% conviction that I love my life and I am very happy where I am. Do I want more? Of course, but who doesn't? If we don't have something to strive for, we have no purpose in life.

So, here's to an AMAZING 2nd half of 2012!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Okay, I have a few other randoms to share with you...
  • Landon slept through the night (7pm-6am) without making a peep on Sunday night! Hasn't done it since, but things are looking up!
  • My daughter turns THREE on Sunday. I can't believe it. It feels surreal.
  • I'm guest posting on The Memoirs of Megan today while she's on vacation. You can read my tips for flying with a toddler there. Check it out!
One last thing...is it bad that I'm a little bit jealous of my hubby's photo taking skills? If you know Andy, you know that he doesn't have an artistic bone in his body. However, when it comes to snapping pics, he's getting pretty dang good and he shoots in manual mode!

AMAZING flower pics by my man...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Well I wouldn't recommend birthing a baby this year if you're not already pregnant, but you should def go ahead and get pregnant :) If that doesn't pan out, winning the lottery would be a close second. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you exciting and wonderful things to come in the final 6 months of 2012. I managed to sneak Alidia in just in time in 2012 so I guess I am covered until 2013! ;) Beautiful photos by your husband! Great to hear that Landon slept so long the other night. Hope there is more of that to come soon!! 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your sweet words! Yes, you are definitely covered this year! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA HA HA HA! No, I am not pregnant. And the thought of having another baby right now almost makes me pee my pants. I'm shooting for the lottery. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have something to say here. i had new year's resolutions too and always find me in a state where nothing is really going on during mid-year. and then i figured out something : it's easier when you have a big big goal and others to correspond to it. That way you just work hard for the big goal and other goal just follow! it's amazing, it works for me but don't know if it does to you? ;)
    Natashahttp://picablocks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...