Monday, July 2, 2012

Easy Peasy Fresh Strawberry Soft Serve

Our strawberry picking adventure left me with 8 pounds of red, ripe goodness. While enjoying some vanilla ice cream with strawberries on top I thought, how good would some homemade strawberry ice cream be? Well, since we don't have an ice cream maker, I did things the easy way.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Easy Peasy Fresh Strawberry Soft Serve Ice Cream...
  • Blend store bought french vanilla ice cream together with about an equal amount of red, ripe strawberries.
  • Add a tiny bit of milk if needed, just to get things going.
  • Eat up OR stick in freezer for 30-60 minutes to firm it up a little.
Ok, so I realize this is pretty much just a really thick milkshake served up in a fancy cup, but I'm telling you, it was the best strawberry ice cream I've ever eaten. It was all about the fresh picked berries.

My people loved it, even Leila's baby doll...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...