Random moments from my July day of unplugging...
Leila Jade got a nasty bug bite on her eye lid, so her right eye was swollen for most of the day. Fun times.
My child still loves the squeezie baby food things - one of the only ways to get her to eat veggies. Hey, I'll take it. (Poor little swollen eye...)
Free moments throughout the day were spent reading an actual book (since the iPad was off limits). I read all of "Heaven is For Real" and I highly recommend it. Super fast read, cute, and enlightening.
Best part of the day? Leila, Landon, and I were all in Leila's bed reading a book before nap time and we ALL fell asleep together! I woke up after a few minutes and moved Landon into his crib and then I went and crashed in my bed where I took an hour long nap! I woke up to Leila jumping on me, telling me that Landon was awake in his crib. After nap time we headed outside to play.
For dinner I had planned to make my spaghetti squash recipe, but I wasn't 100% sure how the heck you cook a spaghetti squash. I immediately went to grab my phone to do a little googling, but stopped myself. Instead, I grabbed a good ole cookbook off the shelf and looked it up. Ha! Haven't used that thing for a while!
Big boy taking down some green beans for dinner...
After dinner I enjoyed a tea party with my kiddos in the bathroom. Leila makes a wicked cup of strawberry tea...
Poor Landon got tea dumped on his head...
It was a simple day, but special. I totally absorbed every moment with my kiddos - even nap time!
But, I'm not gonna lie... I did use my phone a couple of times. First, when Andy called me from work I had to answer, just in case. Second, when my bad ass friend, Sheena, texted me to say that she completed her marathon in record time. How could I not text her back? Otherwise, I was completely unplugged for a full 24 hours.
Linking up this post today with Emily over at Peck Life as part of her "Let's Unplug!" series. Join in on the fun - it's good for your brain, people.
What a fun day!! I love the picture of them taking a bath together...they are so cute! I've often wondered if i should start buying those squeezies of food again because I can't get Sky to eat vegetables either!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a perfect simple day!! :) I love the photos, especially Landon getting the tea dumped on his head hehe. He is really starting to look like such a little boy instead of a baby! I need to do and post about one of my unplugged days soon!
ReplyDelete