Tuesday, June 14, 2011

BIG Girl Bed!

My baby is not a baby anymore! I take that back... she is still very much MY baby, but she is becoming her own little sassy person now. She's almost two! Still so little, but wanting to be so independent now and voicing her opinion (i.e. telling me "no no momma!" all the time) every chance she gets.

And now she has said adios to the crib and hola to the big girl bed...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Doesn't she look so little in it? She absolutely LOVES it!

We ordered the bed a while ago from Pottery Barn and it has just been sitting in the boxes, waiting for us to paint her room and buy a mattress, sheets, etc. Well, we ended up doing all of that stuff pretty quickly and before I knew it I came home from work to find that Andy and my Dad had put the bed together.

Then, I kinda panicked. Was I really ready for her to be in a big girl bed... before she is even two? Was she ready? How painful would that first night be?

But ya know what? It was worked out fabulously! Yes, the first night she was super excited about her added freedom and got out of the bed 2-3 times before falling asleep. But, she was happy the whole time! One time we were finally sitting down to a late dinner around 8pm, thinking she had fallen asleep. Andy snuck upstairs to check on her mid-meal to find that she wasn't in her bed. We found her downstairs, sitting on the couch, watching the news. It was pretty funny actually! After that she fell right to sleep. Since then (it has been about 5 nights) she has done great! Still waking up at midnight to get in bed with us, but I love her snuggles so I'm not complaining.

What's next on the road to Big Girl land? Potty training! Stay tuned...

2 comments:

  1. I have been playing with the idea of moving Dax into a big boy bed by the end of the summer but kept thinking ' oh he's too little' BUT seeing that you've done with with Leila maybe we'll try it too! He's only 19 months but seems to sleep so much better in the comfy bed than that hard crib mattress! Thanks for making me realize it is 'okay' to do things ha ha! oh now I have that panic feeling too! :-p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the links. I hope our transition goes as smooth as yours. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...