Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Time Flies

"Time is the most undefinable yet paradoxical of things; the past is gone, the future is not come, and the present becomes the past even while we attempt to define it, and, like the flash of lightning, at once exists and expires." - Charles Caleb Colton

Photobucket

Oh crap! There is only ONE day (and a few hours) left until June is over! I seriously feel like I just wrote this post with my June to-do list. Am I going to succeed? We shall see after tomorrow!

This realization that I only have one day to get my s#*& together and feel like I actually succeeded in something I said I would do has got me thinking about time. Time sucks. Time flies...and not just when you're having fun. It happens as you get older. With each day that passes, another day is a smaller fraction of the life you have lived so far. So by the time you are 80 it must literally feel like a day passes in the blink of an eye. It scares me. Especially since it seriously feels like I was just pregnant with Leila last week! And now she's nearly TWO and I'm pregnant with #2! And I still feel like I'm a kid! Craziness I say!

Anyone else ever struggle with the feeling that time is just passing you by?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...