"It's a new month. Do something fabulous." - Kelly Hampton
An 11 month old Leila Jade's first park swing experience, June 2010.
Ahhhhh, I love June. I've always loved the month of June for some reason. Maybe it's the long-time association with the end of the school year. The start of summer. Loooooonnnnger days. Warmer temps. Everyone just seems happier. And, it just so happens to be my wedding anniversary month!
Today my fave blogger, Kelly Hampton, blogged a most inspiring post (she always does) about taking this start to a new month and a new season to tackle something new. To devour something that's been hanging over your head. Sooooooooo, I'm gonna get some stuff done this month! I'm keeping it simple, but I'm documenting it now and I'm gonna hold myself to it (hopefully you can hold me accountable, too)...
- Finish that darn quilt!!! I swear I will never have to quilt again if I don't want to after this month. That baby is getting checked off my Dreams To Do list once and for all. Hopefully by this weekend.
- Visit the local bead store and buy supplies to get started on my jewelry making dreams.
- Have a real date with my Hubby. This is sad... since Leila has been born Andy and I have only been out alone maybe twice together. We both still have a hard time leaving Leila on the weekends or week nights since we don't see her much during the week. With our anniversary coming up in a few days I really want to go on a real date with him. Like to a movie! We haven't been to a movie together in two years. :-(
See, I'm keeping it simple and totally do-able. Wanna join in on the fun? Just do it!
I am starting ten weeks at a time... ten goals in ten weeks. Simple things. Just starting my blog was one of those goals. (Accomplished... obviously! :)) Another goal is to read a book or two I've been trying to find time to read. Another goal is to show my daughter something different in nature everyday. A bug, a plant, a different bird, etc.
ReplyDeleteThey can be simple goals... but it's the simple things in life that are the greatest things, aren't they? :)
www.mrstnaturally.blogspot.com
Great idea Mrs. T! That's why I started my blog - just so I can start tackling my little dreams one at a time. It has seriously helped me!
ReplyDeleteI love Kelle Hampton and I love this idea!!!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is adorbs! As is your little one! Not sure how I stumbled across you, may have been baby center, but I'm so glad I did!!
Thanks BeBe! Yeah, I pretty much want to be like Kelly Hampton when I grow up. :-)
ReplyDelete