Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Happy Happy Joy Joy!

"Love is the most terrible, and also the most generous of the passions; it is the only one which includes in its dreams the happiness of someone else." - Alphonse Karr
Photobucket

An unofficial and ongoing Dream To Do of mine is to find happiness in the little things. To not take life too seriously. To not let little every-day stresses get me down.

Photobucket

I find that by living vicariously through my daughter this is easy to achieve. Imagining the world through her eyes - seeing the joy as she runs up the sidewalk and back down for no apparent reason - easily erases anything standing in the way of my happiness at that moment. Since having Leila, my perspective on life has truly changed. Work used to cause me so much stress. Now I know that it just isn't important in the grand scheme of things. Love and Family and Friends are all that matters. Their happiness is what matters.

Photobucket

Today I am just bursting with happiness and joy for no real reason at all! Maybe tomorrow will be different, but today I am relishing in it. I'm focusing on bottling up the way I feel right now and storing it somewhere safe so I can retrieve it at a moments notice. For example, I know it would come in handy during one of Leila's terrible two tantrums. ;-)

PS - I picked Leila up from daycare today and they informed me that she tinkled in the potty for the first time! Yay! She always wants to sit on the potty at home, but this is the first time anything has come out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...