Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fender Bender

So, last night I had plans of sitting on the couch with my laptop and busting out a happy-shiny blog post. But, this happened instead...

Photobucket

Went to the mall after work to grab a gift for a bridal shower that was today and came home with a nice little "ding" in our rear bumper... along with a side of some serious pregnant woman rage.  I won't even bother recapping all the little details. Let's just say that 99% of the time I am the nicest person ever - I hate hurting others and I really do see the best in everyone - but, maybe 1% of the time I just lose it and I am not so friendly. Yeah, that poor lady I collided with last night saw the 1% nasty side of me. I'll blame it on the baby once again.

Anyhoooooooo, this little car incident got me thinking about how crazy life is.  A while ago I started reading Rhonda Byrne's The Secret and decided I really wanted to try to implement it in my life. Finishing this book and practicing its principles is actually on my current Dreams To Do list. Basically, the whole theory behind it is that like attracts like (i.e. The Law of Attraction)... so, if you wake up thinking you are going to have a crappy day and you're dwelling on the negative, chances are you're gonna have a crappy day and vise versa. Now, I kinda think the book is a little extreme in how far it takes this concept, but I truly believe in the general principle behind it.

Take yesterday for example... Early on I noticed that I was just having a crappy car day. On my way to work, the SLOWEST person ever cut me off and I was stuck behind them the whole time. Since I was running a few minutes late, this really got to me. At lunch I got stuck in a construction zone and a 10 minute car ride took me over 20 minutes. By the time I left work last night, I was expecting the worst. What do ya know? On the way to the mall I dealt with people speeding up when I tried to pass them and then slowing down when I got back behind them. And then the little fender bender. By the time that happened I just lost it. Tears and rage and irritation... even though it really wasn't that bad. Isn't it just funny how stuff like this all happens at once? Is it more than just a coincidence? It's very interesting to me.

I'm sure I've bored you by now. It's just the psychologist in me getting to thinking once again. On a happy note, the fender bender was very minor and everyone involved is just fine and dandy. Today was a fabulous day and tomorrow is Father's Day. GOOD STUFF IS GOING TO HAPPEN... (come on Law of Attraction, let's see what you can do!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...