Wanna hear a sad story? Remember back in January, before we got MacDreamy, when we were battling that nasty virus on our computer? Well, we ended up paying someone to completely re-boot our computer, deleting EVERYTHING off of it, and starting over fresh. Before handing it off I was able to extract several years worth of digital photos I had taken onto a brand new fancy external hard drive. Here's the sad part. Last night that external hard drive fell off a top shelf in our closet and now it won't work. When it hit the floor I instantly started having a panic attack while frantically getting it plugged into the computer to see if I could still access all my files. I couldn't. So, I cried...hard.
When people ask you what you would grab if your house was on fire, photographs are usually near the top of that list. I know they are for me. Like the above quote says, photography allows us to remember the little details in life that we often forget. I get teary-eyed just thinking about the fact that I may have lost all of Leila's baby pics, photos from my European adventure, college graduation, high school graduation, our honeymoon, and endless amounts of random pics I have taken over the years.
Right now we just need to find somewhere that can try to fix the hard drive and get our pics off of it (I'm sure it'll cost us a pretty penny). Moments like this make me even more grateful for starting this blog. As of this year, I can find my most treasured pics and memories right here. Thank you internet!
On a happy side-note, I received the quarterly Above & Beyond Award at work today! I get my face and name displayed on a little plaque at the station along with a little bonus on my next paycheck. This made me happy. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!