Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Leila-isms

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." - Angela Schwindt
Photobucket

This post is dedicated to remembering the cute things my almost 2 year old daughter does these days. Things I do not want to forget. And, since I SUCK at keeping her baby book updated I figure this is the best place to document.

Here are some "Leila-isms" I want to cherish forever...
  • Leila usually sits up once or twice in the middle of the night and says, "Wa-Wee" (asking for a drink of water)... funny because she never calls it that during the day, only at night. During the day it is "Wa-Wa."
  • Leila loves Mickey Mouse Club House. She knows all the characters by name. BUT, she only calls Mickey "Mou" (can't quite say her S's yet)... Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and even Pluto get called by their names, but not poor Mickey... he's just "Mou."
  • Every time Leila sees my mom or I tell her she's on the phone, she starts doing the Wheels on the Bus hand motions. Don't know why Leila associates that song with my mother, but it is pretty dang funny.
  • Leila's favorite thing to say is "No No Dada!" Her daddy is constantly annoying her and she is constantly shaking her finger at him and telling him "No No!"
  • Our dog, Billy, is "Bee-lay" to Leila. Almost said with an accent.
  • Leila is a perpetual snacker. She isn't very good at sitting down and eating a big meal, but she's great at snacking. She is constantly dragging us into the kitchen saying, "Nack. Nack." This usually means that she wants a fruit snack or something sweet. :-)
  • My girl is currently obsessed with hair rubberbands, or as she calls them "ponies." She is constantly finding one or more and putting them on her fingers or wrists and/or asking me to do her hair. Ironic thing is that she will not keep a "pony" in her hair for more than 5 minutes. It drives me crazy because her bangs are down in her eyes now and I refuse to cut them.
  • When Leila attempts to sing her ABCs, my heart melts...
Witness Leila's version of the ABCs while she stuffs her face and tears apart her dinner...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...