Around 6:45am, with her fave binky in full suction mode, I presented her with a cup full of her other binkies. I told her that it was time for her to say good bye to all of her binks because the Binky Fairy was coming and was going to drop off a gift in exchange for all the binkies. We proceeded to walk to the front door - Leila clutched the cup full of binkies with one still in her mouth. We opened the front door and I had her put the cup of binkies on our door mat. Then I told her she needed to take the one out of her mouth, kiss it "bye bye" and place it in the cup with the others.
Leila hesitated as she took the last few sucks of her favorite bink...
Eventually she kissed it goodbye and placed it in the cup with the others for the Binky Fairy to come pick up...
After saying goodbye one last time to all of her binks (oh I am sure there are a few hidden around the house that we will have to deal with as they turn up) and shutting the door behind us, I got her settled on the couch with an episode of Dora. While Leila was thoroughly engrossed in one of her fave shows, the Binky Fairy made the switch. She replaced Leila's binkies with a pretty wrapped gift right outside our front door. After Dora was over, Leila opened the door...
We brought the gift upstairs to a sleeping Daddy so that he could join in on her excitement.
Meeting her new friend "Mr. Binky" the monkey...
Hi Mr. Binky!
As for Day 1 so far, the report from Daddy was that it went really well (I had to run off to work right after she got her gift). He said that she asked for her binky a couple of times in the morning, but didn't even bother at nap time! She went right on down! We shall see how she does tonight. I will keep you all posted!
Aww! i like the monkey:)
ReplyDeleteBaby Shower Favors
Ok, awesome plan, you evil genius! I love it :)
ReplyDeleteWhen we took our daughter's binkies away (feels like a lifetime ago), we just took them, scoured the house for the stashed ones and explained that she was a big girl now and didn't need them. She was fine with it, EXCEPT when any other kid entered the house with a binky in their mouth, like her cousin. She'd walk right up and snatch it out of his mouth (which made a loud suction-pop!) and stick it in her own mouth...then, turn and walk away. Rude, right? lol...kids are funny :D