"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going too fast - you also miss the sense of where you are going and why." - Eddie Cantor
I am taking 2 minutes out of my CRAZY week to take a deep breath and reflect on the above quote.
I am by no means complaining, but I feel like I have been go-go-going this week. Work has been crazy. Leila has been crazy. Our house has been crazy. Our car has been crazy. Sheer craziness I say!
It's weeks like this that sadden me when I take a moment to sit back and think about it. All of the little insanities in life that cause so much stress when added together make the time FLY BY and can easily distract you from what is truly important and what life is all about. So, I am choosing to stop, and breath, and re-focus. Ahhhhhhhhh. I feel better already.
I highly encourage everyone to take 5-10 minutes at least once or twice a week to just sit in silence and reflect on your life. Reflect on what REALLY matters to you. Enjoy the current moment and be grateful for all that you have. It's so easy to lose track of where you are going if you aren't careful.
Happy Hump Day! Here's to an easy downward slide towards the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!