Beautiful pile-o-crap (& shirtless hubby) in basement BEFORE...
Basement AFTER (still not a "pretty" basement, but at least it's organized now!)...
Hideous, disorganized garage BEFORE...
Hideous, now somewhat organized, garage AFTER...
Leila Jade had fun with sidewalk chalk in the garage while mommy & daddy worked...
So, basically we still have some work to do, but we made some serious progress! Highlights of our cleaning spree included finding a bag of my old maternity clothes that will get put to good use over the next few weeks and finding a box of old love letters from my hubby. Lowlights included the MANY nasty spiders we encountered along the way - creepy! In the end it was a painful task to take on (especially in nearly 100 degree weather), but worth it.
Our weekend wasn't ALL work, though. We had some fun, too! My momma and I went and saw The Help (OMG, tears galore... & I thought the book was a tear jerker!) then the hubby & I took Leila to the park to play on the splash pad and get ice cream (totally forgot my camera for the best part of the weekend, grrrr). Here are a couple of more pics I captured this weekend...
Leila crying in frustration because she can't figure out how to tie daddy's shoes...
Hot Weather + Cold Popsicle = 1 Happy Girl
As for my Pre-Baby To-Do List, I get to cross another item off - YAY! Here's where I'm at...
Clean out the garage and GET RID OF CRAP!- Organize the office (without spending ANY $). I would love to turn it into my little craft room.
- Put my jewelry making supplies to use! I need to complete a trial run before baby gets here! But I need the office organized first!
Sew blankie #2 for little manalong with burp rags with leftover fabric.- Sit down and have a serious budget talk with the hubby. We need to discuss ways to control our spending better ASAP.
- At the same time, convince hubby to let me spend lots of $ on stuff I need for baby...
cloth diapers/wipes, wet bags, diaper sprayer,new breast pump kit, ergo baby carrier, & I really want a Kindle/Nook (ok, so maybe this one has nothing to do with baby... he he). - Figure out plan for when/if I return to work... I need to talk to hubby and the boss man... part time? full time? not at all? I have some serious thinking & figuring out to do.
The weekend is over, but I'm feeling good... I'm feeling a productive week ahead! :-)
Hey!
ReplyDeleteFirst time poster, long time fan :) I love reading your blog (probably b/c of your writing style). There is a topic though that I haven’t seen covered yet (sorry if I was out of town while you posted it). But I was wondering if you could post about saving cord blood??? I’m still trying to decide if its a good idea. I’m using this site for most of my info: http://www.publiccordbloodbanks.org/ , I’d like to hear some real life advice though.
At the very least I intend on donating. Just thought I’d float the idea by you for a post.
Thanks!