Pregnancy tid-bits for this week...
- I'm...so...tired...not really sure what to say today.
- My body is sore. See yesterday's post. I feel like I'm ready to be done being pregnant, but at the same time I love it. I'm tired of the aches and pains and the tossing and turning at night and the million and one pees throughout the day. BUT, I love knowing that there is someone growing inside me. I love feeling his little kicks. And basically, I just love being fat for a change.
- Made a pretty hefty error on something at work and I blamed my pregnancy. That's ok, right? Well, I really do feel like I've been out of it lately, so I'm going with YES, IT'S TOTALLY OK.
- The crazy pregnancy dreams are getting even cRaZiEr! The other night I seriously dreamed about placentas ALL night long. I kept dreaming that Andy was either trying to eat my placenta or trying to compound it at his pharmacy into a vitamin we could take at home. Soooo weird. I mean, I know people really do things like this, but it just isn't for me.
- I'm finally entering nesting mode. I've washed and folded a bunch of the 0-3 month clothes, got the crib all ready, cleaned our infant car seat, and started putting together a diaper bag. However, I still have a lot of progress to make on my original BIG ticket pre-baby to-do list....
Speaking of my pre-baby to-do list, here's where I stand right now...
Clean out the garage and GET RID OF CRAP!- Organize the office (without spending ANY $). I would love to turn it into my little craft room.
- Put my jewelry making supplies to use! I need to complete a trial run before baby gets here! But I need the office organized first!
Sew blankie #2 for little manalong with burp rags with leftover fabric.Sit down and have a serious budget talk with the hubby. We need to discuss ways to control our spending better ASAP.- At the same time, convince hubby to let me spend lots of $ on stuff I need for baby...
cloth diapers/wipes,wet bags,diaper sprayer,new breast pump kit,ergo baby carrier, & I really want a Kindle/Nook (ok, so maybe this one has nothing to do with baby... he he). - Figure out plan for when/if I return to work... I need to talk to hubby and the boss man... part time? full time? not at all? I have some serious thinking & figuring out to do.
Not too bad, eh? I did indeed sit down with the hubby the other night and talk finances. However, the only conclusion we came to is that we spend WAY too much money on food. At the store, at restaurants, everywhere. I guess we just love to eat. I won't even tell you how much we spent on food last month because it'll make you sick. This talk took place after we got a quote for a monthly/bi-monthly house cleaning from a local maid service. With our spending habits the way they are right now the maid thang ain't gonna happen. So, we are going to try to cut back on food spending (hello organized shopping lists and coupon clipping!), maybe cut our cable out completely, and try to trim down our cell phone bill. Any EASY money saving tips out there?
Funny thing is that right after our money talk (i.e. the next day) I did a little online shopping and bought the remaining big ticket items on my baby to-do list... more diapers, diaper sprayer, ergo carrier, wet bags. All necessities, though!
Now I have 5 weeks to get the office in shape, make some jewelry, and decide what to do about work. However, I have to be honest that the work thing probably won't get done until after baby comes. I just don't know yet. I need to see and feel how my life is with 2 kiddos at home. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!