Sunday, September 11, 2011

I can't believe I didn't...

...send myself into early labor this weekend! I had a couple of very action packed, busy, busy, busy days. And it was great!

Saturday I had the honor of being in the wedding of one of my best friends since high school. I started the day off with a very cranky, sick hubby and equally cranky daughter at home (that could be a whole post in and of itself), but ditched them early on to go get my hair done and hang out with the girls before the big event. Everything went off without a hitch and Holly was absolutely beautiful (and the calmest bride I've ever seen!)...

Holl & I pre-ceremony...
Photobucket

Family pic at the reception (hubby and daughter were much happier by then)...
Photobucket

Leila's stink face - HA HA!...
Photobucket

Having fun on the dance floor with Devin...
Photobucket

The bubble thief! This girl was scouring neighboring tables, stealing bubbles...
Photobucket

Saturday was GREAT, but also exhausting! I headed out to get my hair done at 9am and didn't get home until after 9pm. And I was on my feet most of the day. By the time I woke up this morning, my hips barely wanted to work and my legs felt like I ran a marathon. It's crazy how much harder being on the go is when you're 8 months pregnant.

Today (Sunday) I got to spend the morning relaxing (well, kind of). I stayed home with my fam and got some baby-to-do things taken care of... washing/organizing 0-3 month clothes, sterilizing breast pump parts/bottles, & packing the diaper bag. It felt good. And then when Leila went down for a nap around noon, Andy & I also lounged in bed and watched TV. Sooooooooooo nice! And then? We went to the county fair!!!

Leila & Daddy checking out the cows...
Photobucket

...& bunnies...
Photobucket

...& pigs!
Photobucket

And, enjoying all of the goodies the fair has to offer...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Leila's favorite part? The carousel!
Photobucket

We seriously had a blast! I chowed down a hand-dipped corn dog & root beer float in the 95 degree weather and I was in heaven! Heat and junk food and a smile on my daughter's face - it doesn't get much better than that!

And now it is about 9pm and my eyes are trying to close on me. Time to switch over a load of laundry and then hit the sack. And then I plan on taking it easy the next few days. While I'm excited to meet my baby, I totally don't want him to come early! I'm not ready yet! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...