"You are meant to have an amazing life! You are meant to have everything you love and desire." - Rhonda Byrne, The Power
Remember a while back when I posted about the book The Secret? Well, I finished it. And now I am reading Rhonda Byrne's follow up to it, The Power. I am in love. I have a hard time fully believing everything she talks about in each of these books, but I am a person who wants more than anything to live in a land of rainbows and unicorns and love. I love anything inspirational - I love to feel inspired. These books do that for me. They make me want to focus on the positive and kick the Negative Nancy inside of me to the curb. And I'm really working on that!
When I purchased The Power, I also bought this nifty little journal that Rhonda Byrne also created. It is a gratitude journal (you can find it here). Basically, you write down everything you are thankful and grateful for... even things you don't necessarily have right now. I know it sounds super cheesy, but I find that by doing this it really does clear your mind of the negative clutter. And it makes you feel good! Which in turn is supposed to attract more good into your life (we'll see about this one). I guess I'm just a cheeseball at heart and I love stuff like this. Anyway, I have felt extra happy lately. And anytime I feel some negativity slipping in (i.e. work stress, friends/family issues, sad news on TV), I consciously stop and focus on something that makes me happy. Like my Leila (unless she is the cause of my stress, that usually works).
I will let you know if The Power really gives me any power. He He! Either way, I encourage you to check out her books. At least they can give ya something to think about.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!