Now I'm not really complaining because I know it could be a lot worse. First off, she's not crying or complaining or putting up a fight about going to sleep. She lays down, we sing & pray, I kiss her goodnight and walk away. 5 minutes later she's out of bed looking for me or daddy. Usually once we see her and tell her to get back in bed, she runs back to her room and jumps in bed. And this happens over and over and over again. Sometimes she asks for a drink of water. Sometimes she wants to sit on the potty. Sometimes she just wants one of us to lay down with her. But it gets exhausting because by 8:30 I'm really just wanting to veg out in front of the TV or crawl in bed myself these days.
But, how can I get angry with this...
As for my post title, yeah, maybe it seems a little harsh. But I was just stealing from a most hilarious "children's" book that you must check out if you've never read it. Hilarious. And kinda how I felt tonight as I patiently waited 40+ minutes for Leila to conk out. You can find Go The F**k To Sleep here. Or you can scour the world wide web for videos of people reading it, etc. I'm just lazy right now. And I'm about ready to go the f**k to sleep myself! :-)
Here's to a much needed weekend ahead! It will be a busy one for us... a hair appt, a wedding (which I'm in), a trip to the fair, and plenty of baby prep. Bring it on.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!