Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: PRAYER REQUEST

"Work as if you were to live a hundred years. Pray as if you were to die tomorrow." - Benjamin Franklin
My best friend Jessica, Her hubby Mike, & Me (at their wedding 6 years ago)
Photobucket

A few months ago I posted this after my best friend informed me that her hubby has stage IV cancer (malignant melanoma to be exact). Since then I, along with all of their friends & family, have been along on a crazy, emotional roller coster as they traveled across the state and most recently down to California meeting with specialists and enrolling in different clinical drug trials. Through it all Mike has been AMAZING in spirit. His faith in healing has never wavered and even today, when things are at their worst, he is still able to keep a smile on his face. He truly is an inspiration.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight. - Proverbs 3:5-6
I am asking today for prayers. I'm sure my friends/family who read my blog are already praying on a daily basis for Mike's recovery. To those of you I do not know, or who do not know Jess & Mike, I ask that you take a minute and say a prayer. A prayer for relief of his pain. A prayer that he will walk on his own again. A prayer that he will be able to eat more food. And most importantly, a prayer for a miraculous FULL recovery. I believe wholeheartedly in the power of prayer, so the more people we can get praying the better.

THANK YOU!

If you are interested in reading more about Mike's journey so far, you can visit his Caring Bridge page at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/michaelcarpenter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...