My weekends lately have been spent with a lot more planned activities: weddings, showers, bachelorette parties, birthday parties, family dinners, play dates. This has all been exhausting when a part of me has really wanted to just be home and "nest," but at the same time I wouldn't trade a second of the busy-ness because it has all been time spent with family and friends. And in the end, that is much more important and memorable in my life than getting our office cleaned out.
This past weekend I had the pleasure of being busy AND being productive. My girlfriends dragged my 8-month pregnant ass out on the town Friday night for a bachelorette party. Who knew a big, fat pregnant chick could have so much fun at a winery, martini bar, and dancing the night away at a piano bar? Well, I didn't! But, I ended up having a blast and by the time I got my second wind, I had no troubles staying out and on my feet until midnight. Good times (unfortunately, I don't have pics to share). The rest of my weekend was spent being semi-productive... I shopped for baby and Leila stuff that I needed (per hubby I will be returning approximately $80 worth of merchandise) and my AMAZING sis-in-law and nephew came in and helped me wash and sort a bazillion baby clothes. See, productivity! And Leila had a blast with her Auntie & Cousin...
Now, I just want to end this post by saying that I am not giving up on my pre-baby to-do list completely. I still have a few weeks to get 'er done and I plan on trying. I've just come to realize that I'd rather make the most of every moment that comes my way (even the ones that involve sitting on my arse and enjoying a movie over cleaning the house) than stress about being super organized and on top of everything. Life is too short. And, nobody is perfect.
Ugh - I feel so behind with this baby, too! With Lucas, the room was ready, my bag was packed, and we had everything at this point. Yeah, not even close this time. I feel you on the discouragement! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I still can't get the darn thing to not say Ms. Corby!
Hi Ms. Corby! (I like calling you that!) I'm glad I'm not the only one behind! I think it's just hard when you work and have a busy toddler to distract you. We will both get it all done, though. ;-)
ReplyDelete