On Saturday, my momma came in to watch Leila while I headed out for tea! Yes, tea! I never knew it, but there is the cutest little tea house here in my town. My friend Devin who is the MOH at the upcoming wedding of one of my bestest friends, Holly, planned a mid-day tea party for Holly and her bridesmaids. Basically, we spent 2+ hours wearing silly hats, sipping tea and stuffing our faces with scones, tea sandwiches, and the most wonderful cakes and pastries. Heaven in my mouth! (Even though I probably exceeded the weekly caffeine consumption allowance for a preggo lady in one sitting.)
Holly & I modeling our HOT hats!
Love this wall!
Devin & her fab hat...
A spot of tea...
The beautiful spread & beautiful bride-to-be...
So much FUN! Makes me realize how much I miss having girl time. I definitely don't spend enough time with my girlfriends.
Sunday was also a fun-filled (and tiring) day! Unfortunately I forgot our camera, but Leila and I ventured off to my hometown to meet up with my good friend, Sheena, and her family who I haven't seen since Christmas. We met up at our local, private lake, which really is like heaven on earth. It is probably to most peaceful place ever. Leila had a blast playing in the sand and I enjoyed snuggling Sheena's new baby boy and visiting with her and other friends. Afterwards, my sis-in-law hooked us up with a car full of my nephew Destin's old clothes and contraptions. We are so blessed to not really have to buy anything but diapers! Love it!
Today I planned on having a productive day at home and running some errands. I even woke up with a little bit of anxiety over everything I needed to do. But ya know what? Leila's nap time rolled around, she conked out, and I said "Screw It!" and took a 1.5 hour nap with her. Totally worth it. So what if our house still looks like a tornado struck? And the car's dirty? And I have a lengthy list of things to accomplish before baby arrives? Life is too short. And besides, I am totally embracing the Secret and I won't let stress get me down.
Hope you all had a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!