If tears could build a stairway,
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
~Author Unknown
And memories a lane,
I'd walk right up to Heaven
And bring you home again.
~Author Unknown
One of the happiest, brightest, bravest, strongest, most loving, most fun, inspirational people I have ever crossed paths with passed away this morning. My heart is broken. Broken for Mike and what he had to go through in the end, but mainly my heart is broken for Jessica, his beautiful wife and my childhood best friend. I have never felt a greater urge to sacrifice some of my own happiness to ease another's pain. If I could, I would in an instant.
As for me, I feel strong right now. I spent most of the day drowning in sorrow, but I'm back. I'm ready to be strong for my friend. I'm ready to be strong for my baby growing inside me. And for my family.
One day at a time.
Ariel, I'm so sorry to hear of your friend's passing. My prayers are with you and them in this difficult time. It's too scary to even try to wrap my brain around what your friend must be going through, but I can imagine how hard these emotions must be on you. It sounds like your friend is lucky to have you.
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky! It is super hard to be there for someone when you really can't relate to the pain they are experiencing. But Jess is astonishingly strong and I know she will be ok eventually. It's just going to be a long healing process.
ReplyDelete